Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So it's a new year...

I know almost every person I know makes New Year's resolutions. I had never felt compelled to make any until I found myself struggling to maintain everyday happiness as I did at the latter part of 2012.

It was not that I was unhappy because of a particular reason, although, I think that one thing definitely triggered it (that "thing" might be discussed later when I feel more comfortable about it) and then the thoughts, emotions, insecurities, and overall sadness took me to a place that was not where I wanted to be.

I have to say that now, I am at peace with that said thing. But it will still never bring me happiness, I have just decided that it will no longer make me unhappy.

That being said... albiet quite cryptically... I am going to do one thing per day that makes me happy. Only me.

It can be something as small as reading a fellow writer's newly completed chapter, creating something new, or something like having a great day out with my boyfriend.

I think that this is a great way for me to maintain happiness in my life.

And happiness in life is very important.

Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment