Friday, April 5, 2013

Being Crafty Pays Off Sometimes...

So spring is here and so is spring cleaning and updating of households.

I need to do a lot of things this summer to the outside of our home.

The front porch was the only thing that was damaged in Hurricane Sandy and that was barely. We have a wrap around, screened in porch on our house where the screen window panels can be removed completely if you so desire. During the storm, more than half of the screens were blown completely off of the window frames and now need replacing. Also, the frames of said window panes and the entire porch needs to be painted because the current paint is ancient. Its peeling and cracking off in many spots.

It's a good thing I am not one of those women who does not like to get their hands dirty or do anything that is stereotypical for a "man" to do. Some of these activities include sanding, stapling, nailing, and painting. Because I am a craft lover, and self professed "non-girly girl" I look on these projects as fun and best part is I don't have to nag a man to do it. Although my sweety of a boyfriend would probably help me if need be.

Since the northeast is kinda slow on the warming trend this season (it's damn spring and we have yet to hit the 60 degree mark although we are supposed to today) I am going to try to do what I can out there this weekend to prepare for painting. Since I do not have a job currently, these things will take up a good amount of time that I usually just spend thinking about what I have to do next in life.

The garage also needs to be painted but that is most definitely my man's domain, not to say I wouldn't help him if he asked.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment