Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thursday Afternoon Songs: Bleed Red

Second Installment of Thursday Afternoon Songs

Bleed Red

There’s a message in the heartache.
There’s a message in the pieces.
Gotta’ man up fight your demon.
And break away from all that scheming.

All the wouldn’t and the couldn’t.
All excuses don’t you know that?
All the grudges and the fighting,
Makes peace more elusive.

Our precious hearts, we’re not in need of anymore
Well, I’d rather be dead.
These aching arms, left empty by lovers
Well, we all bleed red.

I don’t want to be afraid now.
I don’t want to wash away now.
You’re in trouble if you’re thinking
You can survive on all that hate

And

All the drugs won’t make your heart grow
All the faith won’t help you to let go.

Our precious hearts, we’re not in need of anymore
Well, I’d rather be dead
These aching arms, left empty by lovers
Well, we all bleed red

And

You can’t take, the world and all its upsets

But

I swear it’s really beautiful.

To give in, to drastic measures
When we all bleed red.

What will you say at the end?
When all the flowers are dead?

When all the tears start to flow
You look

And

See no one you know.

When I live and you just breathe

Yes

I’ll live and you’ll just breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment