Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So I have been working on a new music project...

And it's unlike anything else I have ever been a part of before.

It's partially electronic. GASP!

Anyone who knows me for a while will be like "What the hell has gotten into Lisa? I thought she hated fake drums!" Well, I do, but this is different.

If I had to describe it, it would be Matt and Kim as goths. Depressing version of boy/girl harmony electronic and organic instruments together.  A lot of it was actually written on regular instruments (guitar, bass, piano, drums) and was then converted into an electronic format via programs like Reason and Fruity Loops.  Real vocals of course, I will NEVER, and this is a promise, use auto-tune on my voice or on anyone that I sing with in a song's voice. To me, that's cheating and it just makes it sound like everything else on popular radio right now.

This project is a departure from my heavy rock roots, but they definitely show up in a lot of the songs too.

And the project is called.............
Friends of Ours.

1 comment: