Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I finally got around to completing this list and i decided to shorten it to 8 songs so without further adieu...
Top 8 Love Songs of the 21st Century in no particular order…
(In my opinion of course)
In my opinion, a great love song will make you cry but will make you hopeful and also assure you that romance is not dead. I only include love songs from this century because we really could be here all week if I made a list from the 20th Century. This list is very romantic and mushy… DEAL WITH IT.

So here it goes!
Love Story –Taylor Swift


I love rock music, but I can appreciate and love a great pop hook. Everyone who knows me knows this. But my boyfriend loves country and I love my boyfriend so this is why this song is on my list. There is a pop hook and that little bit of country that reminds me of my Romeo (go ahead barf…I’ll wait ).

Stand Inside Your Love – The Smashing Pumpkins

This actually just made it to the list being it was released in February of 2000. I love this version of the Smashing Pumpkins before it was just Billy Corgan and three people that aren’t Jimmy, James, D’arcy and/or Melissa Auf Der Maur. The dark yet beautiful lyrics of this song and the dynamic waves this song has is something that pulls at my heartstrings no matter how many times I hear it.

Combinations – Eisley

This combination (pun intended) of beautiful voices is what true love sounds like. The chorus of this song would make a great wedding vow.

A Thousand Years – Christina Perri


I love the Twilight series, because I am a romantic sometimes on a cheesy level, obviously from this list, and the first time I heard this song I was swooning at the beauty of the lyrics and also how it fit with the Twilight love story. I guess that’s why it was on the soundtrack.

Follow You Into The Dark –Death Cab For Cutie

My boyfriend and I have pretty much decided if we were ever to “jump the broom” our “song” would be this one or Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits. Romantic we are.

Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron & Wine

This song was in one of the most romantic scenes in a movie of the 21st Century.From Twilight of course... Absolutely beautiful.

Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol

“If I lay here, If I just lay here, Would you lie with me and just forget the world?” Isn’t that what being in love is truly about?

The Only Exception – Paramore

and finally … a love song for the jaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment