Thursday, May 30, 2013

I've finally finished my first draft!

So, I finally finished the first draft of my novel. 
With all the crap going on in life, I must say that of this I am quite proud. 

I realized that my novel is going to be a series/trilogy/saga. The story I have to tell cannot be summed up in one book. I don't know where this journey in this universe I have created is going to take me, but I'm glad I decided to embark on it. 

I will give you a brief rundown about my book without giving too much away. 

I think it can be categorized as new adult paranormal fiction.  

The title is going to be: The Naturenetics: An Absorber in the Megacosm
The subsequent books will be titled The Naturenetics: ... Blah blah whatever title I choose. 

I am not going to tell you what exactly it is about yet because I want to have the synopsis be the first real information you have about it. 

I guess you could say I'm secretive about it. ;)

I am going to edit it in a weird way. Well, at least I think it is a weird way.

My editing process is as follows:

I do all of my editing on paper. As I've mentioned before on Twitter, I know this is old fashioned but my brain works out problems and stuff like that better on paper. Plus, if I get any new ideas, I can jot them down instantly on the draft in my scribble chicken scratch.

I print out everything, the entire draft but I break it up by chapters. I use double spacing and usually a 12 or 14 pt font. I staple the chapters individually and work with them sometimes out of order.  I don't think anyone else does editing this way but if you do please comment and let me know.

I guess my creativity can't be "by the book". I don't follow any sort of rules for any creative pursuit I have. 

I'm weird, but the outcome is usually something good or at least it's good to me. 
I do however, hope that when its all said and done, someone else thinks its good too. 

I will continue to make updates here on the blog. 

Until then...




No comments:

Post a Comment