Friday, January 16, 2015

I have no need to follow suit.

I see all these health conscious and exercise savvy people on my News Feed on Facebook and I really have to commend them all.
I don't have the discipline for any of that shit, even if I did, I don't know if I'd be as enthusiastic as they all are about it.
Again, no disrespect and I commend, love, and respect all my friends on social media but it in no way influences my motivation to do the same.

I guess it should, but... it doesn't.

My philosophy on these sorts of things is this:

Life is too damn short to deprive myself of anything. I am going to drink that wine and eat that fattening food. I'm not going to make either of those things an addiction because then to me it crosses over into harmful territory. To me, those things are not harmful in and of themselves.

I feel that if you let anything take over your thinking process completely, where you become obsessed over it and it affects your everyday life and makes you unhappy or extremely unhealthy, that is a problem that should be stopped.

Draw a line for yourself but do not obsess over that line.

You could not wake up tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment