Monday, January 12, 2015

That weird fear you get when you call out of work...

I stayed home from work today because I could not sleep last night. I was up until like 2am tossing and turning and then woke up every half hour after that.

Since I wake up at 5:15am when I go to work, I sent an email to work that early.
I figured the only way I could fall back asleep is to take NyQuil. I don't like doing that but the headache I had was formative. I needed some Zs! I finally got some morning sleep.

The thing that gets me is, even though I had a perfectly legitimate reason for staying home. This guilt lingers. I guess it is properly called fear.

I think I will blame it on being raised in an old school work ethic that you go to work even if you are borderline dying. And, this widespread belief that calling out puts your job in jeopardy.

I don't want to jinx my job because I love it but it had to be said. If I would have showed up at work today I would have been useless. All yawny and foggy headed.

Sometimes it is better to stay home when you are feeling off, sick, tired, or otherwise not at at least 95%.

Because let's be honest: No one is 100%, 100% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment